Invisalign® aligners prove that effective orthodontic treatment doesn’t have to be difficult. Invisalign® is the modern, discreet, and easy way to straighten your teeth and get a better-looking smile.
Invisalign® Clear Aligners in Twin Falls
Invisalign® aligners are a revolutionary orthodontic treatment that offers effective and discreet treatment without the stigma or restrictions of traditional braces. Invisalign® clear aligners are worn over your teeth to gradually adjust the alignment and spacing of your teeth. With Invisalign®, patients switch to new aligners about every two weeks with each set slightly shifting the teeth until they reach their final position.
Invisalign® aligners are custom-made using digital models of your teeth that allow us to correct and straighten your teeth with pinpoint control. The Invisalign® ClinCheck system allows us to model every stage of your treatment from the beginning and show you the final results you can look forward to.
How Much Does Invisalign® Cost?
Most insurance plans cover Invisalign® aligners the same way they cover metal braces. The cost of Invisalign® is tied to the length of treatment which is defined by the amount of correction needed, making each case and price unique, regardless of insurance. However, a typical cost for Invisalign® at our Twin Falls office is:
- All-Inclusive Invisalign® Treatment: $5500
If you have any financial questions, please contact our office and we will be happy to discuss your insurance coverage or additional payment options available.More Financial Information
Invisalign® Process at Mint Dental Care
- Consultation & Exam. Dr. Funk will examine your teeth to make sure that you are a good candidate for Invisalign® clear aligners given the severity and type of correction needed. Dr. Funk will also make sure you have healthy teeth and gums that will respond well to Invisalign®.
- Records Appointment. To plan out your Invisalign® treatment and to ensure eligibility, the next step is taking a series of digital x-rays, scans, and photos of your teeth. These will serve as the baseline for creating your first set of Invisalign® clear aligners.
- Plan Overview & ClinCheck. Once your treatment plan is completed, approximately 2 weeks after your records appointment, Dr. Funk will meet with you to review the final plan.
- Begin Treatment. After approval, your first set of Invisalign® aligners will be created. Regular appointments will be scheduled so that new aligners can be provided to you as needed and so that your progress can be monitored. Instructions on proper use and maintenance will be provided.
Your Invisalign® Expert
Dr. Chase Funk
Dr. Funk is an Invisalign® certified provider with years of experience managing Invisalign® treatment for patients of all ages and with a variety of corrective needs. Besides Invisalign® certification, Dr. Funk's commitment to providing the best care possible led him to enroll in the Molis Coaching continuing education program so that he could receive instruction from a faculty with decades of combined Invisalign® experience. When you start Invisalign® treatment at Mint Dental Care you can do so confidently, knowing that you have a dedicated expert managing your care.
Common Questions About Invisalign®
How long does Invisalign® take?
The length of Invisalign® treatment is based on the severity of the correction. It can also be affected by whether or not patients regularly and properly use their aligners. For an average case, a patient will wear a set of trays for two weeks at a time for approximately 2 years. More minor corrections will take less time. The only way to be sure of the length of time necessary is to schedule a consultation.
Who is eligible for Invisalign®?
Most teens and adult patients requiring mild to moderate orthodontic corrections can use Invisalign®. Invisalign® is an effective orthodontic treatment for overbites, crossbites, underbites, open bites, and gap teeth. More extensive problems require additional treatment, however.
There is no upper age limit for Invisalign®. People of all ages, who have adult teeth, are able to get Invisalign®. Many people find Invisalign® appealing because it lets adults receive orthodontic treatment without any of the stigma or self-consciousness associated with wearing metal braces. This is just as true for someone in their 20's as in their 60's.
Invisalign® vs. braces—what's the difference?
There are many differences between Invisalign® aligners and braces, we’ve listed some of the largest ones here. Ultimately, the decision is up to you, but the introduction of clear aligners to the market introduced a more efficient, less painful way to straighten teeth.
- Materials. Invisalign® aligners use clear transparent plastic, while braces use wires and brackets.
- Removability. Invisalign® aligners can be removed by the user at any time, while braces can only be removed by a professional.
- Food Restrictions. Invisalign® allows a user to eat whatever they would like and not make changes to their oral care practices, while braces restrict what the user can safely eat and require special maintenance and care.
- Injury Risks. Invisalign® aligners do not present any injury risks, while braces can lead to cuts and other injuries.
- Visibility. Invisalign® aligners are nearly impossible for others to notice, while braces are almost impossible to miss.
Does Invisalign® hurt?
Invisalign® aligners are not painful, but they can leave your teeth feeling sore. The aligners are slowly shifting your teeth in place, so it may feel uncomfortable at first, but this is normal. If the discomfort becomes too much, you can drink cold water or suck on small ice cubes to help soothe your sore teeth.
We recommend putting in your new aligner set at night so that you are able to sleep through the initial discomfort of a new aligner set. That way, you'll wake up the next day without having to experience discomfort while you're wide awake.
Ready to Schedule or Interested in Another Service?
If you have more questions about Invisalign®, please contact our Twin Falls, ID office and we will be happy to discuss them with you. You can also request an appointment or see the other services we provide using the links below.