Emergency Dental Care

Same-Day Dental Appointments in Twin Falls, ID

Emergency Dental Care
for Kids and Adults

If you believe you’re experiencing a dental emergency, please call Mint Dental Care immediately at 208.735.1415.

We reserve a limited number of same-day dental appointments for kids and adults, which are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Unfortunately, we cannot offer walk-in dental care at this time. Please contact us before you arrive to ensure availability.

If you call outside of our office hours or we cannot answer the phone, please leave a message, and we will return your call as soon as possible.

Mint Dental Care Office Hours:

  • Monday – Thursday: 8 a.m. -5 p.m.
  • Friday: 8 a.m. -2 p.m.
  • Hours may vary. Call to schedule your appointment.
Call Mint Dental Care for Same-Day Appointment

illustration of a tooth on top of a red first aid kit

Dental Emergency FAQ

  • What is a Dental Emergency?

    Dental emergencies are any dental problems that need immediate treatment to stop bleeding, save a tooth, treat a severe infection, or alleviate severe pain. Severe infections or tooth abscesses can be life-threatening, so you should call your dentist immediately.

    If any of the following statements apply to you, you have a dental emergency and should contact us immediately.

    • I have a tooth knocked out.
    • My tooth has been chipped or cracked.
    • My mouth is bleeding and won’t stop.
    • I’m in extreme pain or am experiencing severe swelling in my gums, mouth, or jaw.
    • I have a toothache and swelling in my cheeks or face.
    • My jaw is injured.
    • My teeth are extremely sensitive, and the sensitivity will not subside.
    • My tooth is loose or out of alignment.
  • What does an emergency dental appointment cost?

    Dental emergencies follow the same payment guidelines as normal dental practices. Visit our financial page for a list of our accepted insurance providers, forms of payment, and other payment information.

    Financial and Insurance Information
  • What should I do if my tooth gets knocked out?

    • Pick up the tooth by the top (crown), NOT by the root—do not touch the root.
    • Rinse the tooth very gently with only water, no soaps or chemicals. Do NOT scrub the tooth.
    • If possible, place the tooth back into the socket. Gently push it in with your fingers, and then hold it in place while trying to bite down.
    • If you can’t place the tooth back into the socket, put it in a container with milk.
    • Contact your dentist right away. The faster you act, the more likely your tooth will be able to be reimplanted.
  • What if my tooth is loose but still attached?

    If you have a loose tooth or a tooth out of alignment, contact us right away to set up an appointment as soon as possible. You can try to put the tooth back in its original position by very gently positioning it with your fingers—do not force it. We will advise if there is anything else you should do in the meantime, prior to your appointment.

  • What if I have a chipped or cracked tooth?

    If you have a chipped or cracked tooth, contact your dentist immediately. Chipped teeth that aren’t painful can usually be smoothed out or filled in at a regular dental appointment. A cracked tooth typically indicates damage to both the inside and the outside of the tooth. If your tooth is cracked, please follow these steps after contacting your dentist.

    • Rinse your mouth with warm water
    • Apply a cold compress to minimize swelling
    • Take acetaminophen (not aspirin) to alleviate pain
    • Do NOT apply any pain medication—including Orajel—directly to the gums, as it can damage gum tissue
client talking with receptionist

Mint Dental Care

1415 N. Fillmore, Suite 701
Twin Falls, ID 83301
View Map

Schedule Online


Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Closed weekends.
Hours may vary.



Email Address

[email protected]